Mobile Payments Startup
- A group of experienced investors with successful enterprises in the banking and telecommunications sectors
- Develop a business model for mobile payments, bringing together banks, telcos and card acquirers across a common platform
- Carried out global industry research, concept validation, business model definition, technology selection, and operational plan and financial model development
- Aligned key business partners and institutional stakeholders in a collaborative initiative
- Provided project management and implementation support
Initiative is on track to launch in its first country by the end of 2009, with participation of the market’s five largest banks, three telcos and two acquirers. Five-year client acquisition projected at over 800,000 mobile users.
This post is also available in: Spanish